Have questions about the Great Falls Public School District? Visit the GFPS website.|
Did you forget your password?
1. "What kind of computer equipment do I need to view PowerSchool?" TopAlmost any computer with an internet connection can access Powerschool. It is recommended that you use a newer internet browser. If you use a dialup modem, you are fine. Powerschool utilizes small graphics and should load quickly.
2. "I can't access the site with the provided login and password." TopMake sure your caps lock key is set properly. Your login and password may be a combination of letters (upper and lower case) and numbers. If your student is new to the school, contact your child's school for a login and password.
3. "What can I see on the PowerSchool site?" TopParents and students can access the following information on the PowerSchool public site:
NOTE -- The entire school uses Powerschool. If you notice attendance Inconsistencies, please give us a couple days to make changes. With the amount of activity we sometimes are unable to fix things immediately.
4. "I have a question about my student's grade. Whom do I contact?" TopYou can contact the teacher directly using the handy E-Mail link in PowerSchool. The grading process takes time, please allow teachers a couple days to post it.
5. "Can other people see my child's information?" TopNot unless they have your login and password. If you think it has been compromised, please call your school as soon as possible. As for general Internet intrusions, the system itself uses the latest and best security protocols available. Also, all access is logged, showing the source of all access attempts. Do not give out your user/password.
6. "I try to log on to the site, but I keep getting an error message 'login has expired' or ' cannot access site.' What is wrong?" TopAll browsers are not created equal, and some refuse to give up what they have in their cache. In Internet Explorer, make sure pages are set to update "always" (Under "Internet Options"). If that doesn't work, empty your cache.
7. "How are grades calculated?" TopEach teacher is allowed to set up his or her own grading scale. The easiest way to find out what scale an individual teacher uses is to contact the teacher using the E-Mail link after logging into Powerschool.
8. "I'm not getting my E-Mail updates at all or on a regular basis."TopEvery day the PowerSchool server searches for those parents who asked for an update to be sent out via e-mail. There could be a few things holding up mail:
9. "When I go to the log on page, the password fills in with stars all the way across."TopWhat is happening is that the computer is "remembering the password" but not giving clues to how long it is. Apparently, someone clicked "yes" to remember password and Powerschool doesn't like it. So now we need to clear the passwords and forms.
Here's how for Internet Explorer users:
Internet Explorer for PC
Internet Explorer for Mac