Student and Parent Sign In
PowerSchool ID Creation
Step 1: Enter your current sign in information
Create an Account
- "Help for setting up your parent account."Click here for detailed instructions in setting up your account.
- "Can there be more than one parent login account?"Yes. Each parent can setup their own account to access PowerSchool. What is required is a unique email address and the Access ID and password for your student(s).
- "How do I obtain my students access ID and password?"Contact your students school secretary for your access information.
- "I cannot add my student. The system says the password for my student is not correct."Passwords are case sensitive. You need to match case (upper or lower) on the password.
- "What kind of computer equipment do I need to view PowerSchool?"Almost any computer with an internet connection can access Powerschool. It is recommended that you use a newer internet browser. Powerschool utilizes small graphics which should load quickly.
- "I'm having trouble signing in or I forgot my username and password."Make sure your caps lock key is set properly. Your login and password may be a combination of letters (upper and lower case) and numbers. If you still cannot log in, click the link 'Having trouble signing in?' on the Sign In tab which will allow you to recover your username and or password.
- "What can I see on the PowerSchool site?"Parents and students can access the following information on the PowerSchool public site:
- Grades for current classes, as well as the assignments that make up those grades
- Attendance for the past two weeks or for the whole quarter, including a legend of attendance codes used by the school
- Teacher comments
- Reports via E-Mail, which allow parents to request daily, weekly, or monthly reports to be sent via E-Mail
- School Bulletin
- E-mail link to send a message to a teacher
- "I have a question about my student's grade. Whom should I call?"You can contact the teacher directly using the handy E-Mail link in PowerSchool. The grading process takes time, please allow teachers a couple days to post it.
- "Can other people see my child's information?"Not unless they have your login and password. If you think it has been compromised, log in and change your password by clicking on the 'Account Preferences' link. Do not give out your username/password.
- "I have a question regarding my child's grades."Contact the teacher directly for grading questions. You can E-mail the teacher after logging into Powerschool. The teacher's address is available on the Grades and Attendance tab.
- "I'm not getting my E-Mail updates at all or on a regular basis."Every day the PowerSchool server searches for those parents who asked for an update to be sent out via e-mail. There could be a few things holding up mail:
- Check E-Mail preferences for your child to verify the settings are correct
- The E-Mailbox of the recipient is full
- The E-Mail is being indentified as "junk" or "spam" by your mail client
- The E-Mail address is entered wrong
- The server is "off" or "down" at the time of send
- "Do parents have the same username and password as their students?"No. Parent logins allow you to see all of your children under one login. Students will have a separate login that will access their account only, they see only their own information.
- "I am a student and cannot login."The password recovery option does not work for students. If you need your username or password, contact your school's office.
Parents: To access Powerschool, you have to set up your own account to log in and then associate your student(s) to your account. Access ID and password are used to associate each student to your new account. Contact the student's school to obtain the access ID (user id) and password To begin, click 'Create Account' and create your account. You will need:
- 1. Your first and last name
- 2. A unique Username
- 3. A password that meets security requirements
- 4. An email address
- 5. You then create your account and associate your student(s)
- 6. NOTE - You will need to setup 'Email Preferences' in order to receive PowerSchool emails on attendance, grades, etc.
Click here for a detailed instructions in setting up your account.
Students: You have a login different than your parents. See the school office for your login information.